[cmake-developers] Making GUI applications by default

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:57:17 EST 2012

Brad King wrote:

> On 2/17/2012 9:27 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>>> Then add SetPropertyDefault in the initialization of EXECUTABLE targets
>>> so that
>>>
>>>     set(CMAKE_GUI_EXECUTABLE 1)
>>>
>>> will change the default for new executable targets in scope of the
>>> variable.
>>
>> Yes, I had the same idea last night after emailing.
>>
>> I can implement that.
>
> Great.  On second thought I wonder if a better name for the property
> is "EXECUTABLE_GUI" since that uses the prefix "EXECUTABLE_" which
> can be re-used later for other properties that are specific to
> executable targets.  Then one could write
>
>    set(CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_GUI 1)
>
> for the variable version and "CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_" is the prefix for
> settings related to executables.

I've implemented this in my gitorious clone:

https://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-
cmake/commits/executable_gui-property

I am not sure whether you want getting the EXECUTABLE_GUI property to work
for the cross-platform abstraction too. For now that is two commits. I can
remove or squash the second commit depending on what you prefer.

Let me know if I can merge to next.