[cmake-developers] Making GUI applications by default

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 20 08:09:35 EST 2012

On 2/19/2012 4:57 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I've implemented this in my gitorious clone:
>
> https://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-cmake/commits/executable_gui-property
>
> I am not sure whether you want getting the EXECUTABLE_GUI property to work
> for the cross-platform abstraction too.

Thanks for working on this.

The implementation is not what I had in mind when I said "implies"
the platform-specific property.  This should be its own property
that one can set/get normally with no special C++-implemented
mapping to the other two properties.  The generators should look
for this property first and only if not set look for the platform-
specific property.  If either is set the effect is the same.