[cmake-developers] Making GUI applications by default

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 17 09:33:44 EST 2012

On 2/17/2012 9:27 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Then add SetPropertyDefault in the initialization of EXECUTABLE targets
>> so that
>>
>>     set(CMAKE_GUI_EXECUTABLE 1)
>>
>> will change the default for new executable targets in scope of the
>> variable.
>
> Yes, I had the same idea last night after emailing.
>
> I can implement that.

Great.  On second thought I wonder if a better name for the property
is "EXECUTABLE_GUI" since that uses the prefix "EXECUTABLE_" which
can be re-used later for other properties that are specific to
executable targets.  Then one could write

   set(CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_GUI 1)

for the variable version and "CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_" is the prefix for
settings related to executables.