[cmake-developers] Ninja help

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:19:47 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> On 2/15/2012 1:01 PM, David Cole wrote:
>

>> But this is true with every CMake generator *except* for the "Unix
>> Makefiles" generator.
>>
>> And you don't have to build it twice. On most of our "other" dashboards,
>> we simply use an installation of a recent stable release as the
>> CMake/ctest that drives the dashboard.
>>

> Right, so just build the most recent ninja capable cmake you can, and use
> that to drive the dashboard.
>
> BTW, I am working on seeing how the windows build works, and the
> stage/ninja-generator branch does not build ninja stuff on windows.
>
>  # Ninja only works on UNIX.
>  IF(UNIX)
>

> I assume this is old, and should be fixed?

Yes support for Windows and MacOSX is not yet included in the patch you
have merged AFAIK. I think that would be part of the stabilisation work on
this generator as soon as it is on the dashboard. Few bugs are remaining on
MacOSX and Ninja is building on Windows. I don't known how many bugs in
cmake's test suite fails on Windows yet.

--
Nicolas Desprès