[cmake-developers] Ninja help

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Feb 15 13:12:46 EST 2012

On 2/15/2012 1:01 PM, David Cole wrote:

> But this is true with every CMake generator *except* for the "Unix
> Makefiles" generator.
>
> And you don't have to build it twice. On most of our "other" dashboards,
> we simply use an installation of a recent stable release as the
> CMake/ctest that drives the dashboard.

Right, so just build the most recent ninja capable cmake you can, and
use that to drive the dashboard.

BTW, I am working on seeing how the windows build works, and the
stage/ninja-generator branch does not build ninja stuff on windows.

  # Ninja only works on UNIX.
  IF(UNIX)

I assume this is old, and should be fixed?

-Bill