[cmake-developers] Development may resume, 'next' branch rewritten

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 14 09:10:38 EDT 2012

On 08/14/2012 08:50 AM, Brad King wrote:
> Finally I merged the topic back into master:
>
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=cd3bd232

We've completed the sweeping changes and are ready for normal
development to resume.

After the 2.8.9 release and completion of the development pause
for sweeping cleanups it's time to start a fresh 'next' branch.
I've restarted the 'next' branch from the above-linked 'master':

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=b208e273

New clones will not get the old 'next' history, and it will
eventually be garbage collected from existing clones on client
machines.  The old 'next' history will be kept alive on the
server by refs that are not fetched by clients by default, so
all existing links to them in the Gitweb view will continue to
work.

This also means that any topics that were merged to 'next' but
not to 'master' prior to this rewrite are no longer in 'next'.
Please rebase them on 'master' and merge again as appropriate.