[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013466]: wish: do not require VS/dumpbin to obtain prerequisites for bundles

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Aug 10 18:57:45 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13466
Reported By:                Daniel Franke
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13466
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2012-08-10 18:57 EDT
The "dumpbin" utility comes with MS Visual Studio only. For MinGW developers
that is a rather big dependency to get something as simple as DeployQt4 to work.
I'm aware the MS VS Express is available for free, but my guess is that there
should be some MinGW tool that can provide the same info as dumpbin.exe?

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change