[cmake-developers] GenerateExportHeader macro in CMake?

Stephen steveire at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:35:34 EDT 2011

On 08/24/2011 08:49 PM, David Cole wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Stephen Kelly<steveire at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> David Cole wrote:
>>
>>> The test itself passes on AIX, as seen here:
>>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=109727151&build=1460504
>>>
>>> It's only the particular machine that you pointed to that has
>>> problems. There are *several* tests that fail on that machine with the
>>> space in the path. That's one of the reasons it's only in "Nightly"
>>> and not "Nightly Expected"

Even after my change this one is still failing.

Someone with access to the box would have to
cd ${CMAKE_BUILD_DIR}/Tests/Module/GenerateExportHeader/libsharedtest/fail1
rm -rf *
cmake ../test1

then inspect the trivial ../test1/CMakeLists.txt to see why it is failing.

I made another guess and pushed another patch, but it's a quite
inefficient way to fix this issue. Does anyone have access to that box?

> You're right, it should be CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID (or _C_). And do you
> have the right logical sense of the if test? Do you want that simple
> main for the Watcom compiler, or should it be a "NOT"? (I'm just
> asking to double-check, I haven't dug in and read enough of your test
> to fully appreciate the chunk shown in the gitweb diff view.)

Yes. CDash seems to fail if there is no executable of the correct name
which runs successfully.

For Watcom I create a trivial executable with the appropriate name
before I return(). For not watcom the tests are run and the trivial
executable is not created. I think it's correct as-is. The machine
hasn't yet finished to confirm that though.

Thanks,

Steve.