[cmake-developers] GenerateExportHeader macro in CMake?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:27:00 EDT 2011

David Cole wrote:

> The test itself passes on AIX, as seen here:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=109727151&build=1460504
>
> It's only the particular machine that you pointed to that has
> problems. There are *several* tests that fail on that machine with the
> space in the path. That's one of the reasons it's only in "Nightly"
> and not "Nightly Expected"

Ok. Nevertheless I think it would make sense for cdash to always check out
and build in a directory with a space in it. There could be other bugs
lurking.

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=99b2aabd460d0c508ffa7b21283a0512e322e717

> That's fine.

On closer inspection I figured it should be CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID. I don't
know if CMAKE_COMPILER_ID would work too...

> Thank *you* -- your persistence has paid off.
>
> I think tomorrow it will be passing enough to merge over to 'master' ...
> :-)

Great. Hopefully it will be useful to many.