[cmake-developers] GenerateExportHeader macro in CMake?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Aug 24 14:17:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
>> Yep, I've just had a look and possibily fixed the Intel and HPUX cases.
>>

> I did indeed fix the Intel and HPUX cases.

Thank you.

>> The AIX one fails because the visibility test passes, because
>> check_cxx_compiler_flag does not have a FAIL_REGEX for its warning:
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=109778717&build=1458523
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=110283056&build=1458523
>>
>> I've also pushed a possible fix for that to check_cxx_compiler_flag on the
>> branch.
>
> The FAIL_REGEX I added for AIX was successful.

That's fine...

> However, now that box reports
> some garbage:
>
>  ld: 0706-014 The -b
>  Tests/CMake-
> build/Tests/Module/GenerateExportHeader/libsharedtest/fail1/libshared
>  option is not recognized.
>
> Someone with access to the box would have to find out what's going wrong. It
> might have been caused by a space in the path, which I've just added a fix
> for.
>
> It might be worth running some tests twice: Once from a path with a space in
> it, and once without. Or run all tests from a path with a space in it to
> prevent these kinds of bugs.
>
> I would prefer to turn off the tests for it anyway, but I don't know what
> platform test to make. What is the equivalent to
>
> if (WIN32)
>  return()
> endif()
>
> for AIX?

The test itself passes on AIX, as seen here:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=109727151&build=1460504

It's only the particular machine that you pointed to that has
problems. There are *several* tests that fail on that machine with the
space in the path. That's one of the reasons it's only in "Nightly"
and not "Nightly Expected"

>> The CentOS machine seems to have problems unrelated to this test:
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=109887854&build=1457339
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?buildid=1457339
>>
>> All have ' undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'' in their output.
>>

> Do I have to do anything about this?

No -- this will go away eventually. Either by being fixed or being banished.

>> That only leaves Watcom as you say, and I've just tried to simplify the
>> tests for that compiler. If the timeouts persist, I can start just
>> disabling some tests for that compiler.
>>

> This one is still timing out. I've disable the test for it with
> (CMAKE_COMPILER_FLAG MATCHES "Watcom").

You mean CMAKE_COMPILER_ID as in this commit, right?
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=99b2aabd460d0c508ffa7b21283a0512e322e717

That's fine.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

Thank *you* -- your persistence has paid off.

I think tomorrow it will be passing enough to merge over to 'master' ... :-)

David