[cmake-developers] git move

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 16:24:44 EST 2010

Hi,

so, I'm a complete git newbie...
git push doesn't work for me, it says "The remote end hung up unexpectedly".

Any idea what went wrong here:

hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake/Modules$ git add Qt4ConfigDependentSettings.cmake
hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake/Modules$ git commit
hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake/Modules$ git config remote.origin.pushurl
git at cmake.org:cmake.git
hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake/Modules$ git push
hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake/Modules$

My  .git/config looks like this:

hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake$ cat .git/config
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
        url = git://cmake.org/cmake.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
        pushurl = git at cmake.org:cmake.git
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master

Alex

P.S. how can I see what will be pushed, i.e. something like "git diff" but not
between my working copy and my local repository, but between my local
repository and the remote one ?