[CMake] cmake analogue - syncProj visual studio generation tool

Tarmo Pikaro tapika at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 04:19:11 EDT 2018

Hi !
On my own free time I've managed to create tool similar to cmake - command line tool called syncProj.
Currently syncProj is aiming also for portability, but it currently has narrower list of supported platforms - supported platforms are at this moment only Windows and Android, butonly Visual studio based.
Where cmake is using special kind of language, syncProj uses C# programming language as a base, and because of this allows full support forsyncProj C# script code syntax highlighting, intellisense and full debug support.
Documentation:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C1YrbFUVpTBXajbtrC62aXru2om6dy5rClyknBj5zHU/edit#
Source code:https://sourceforge.net/projects/syncproj

syncProj is something that was just born on the way of making another project, and I suspect that it's far from supporting all visual studio project parameters and configurations, but it provides solid code base for future development.
So if you're familiar with C# or not familiar, but willing to learn, feel free to contact me, I can guide in syncProj code baseand teach you how to improve syncProj.
Currently syncProj supports C++, but not C#, as a platform base runs only on Windows, and limited to Windows / Android platforms.
What I have checked through Visual studio even currently start to support Linux based platforms, so if you want to or need that platform, I can guide you through how to add that support into syncProj.
Current code coverage level is 83.23% and I plan to increase that value with each future change.
Currently I see syncProj as intermediate solution or a tool - I think in future syncProj could actually become built-in into Visual studio itself,as base class hierachy - something similar Microsoft guys are trying to achieve right now by integrating cmake initial support into Visual studio.
cmake scripting language dialect is more difficult to learn than C#, but of course ideal world would be if C++ project would be configured using C++ "script" syntax.
But at the moment C# allows on-fly compiling of C# code, but not C++. I think that through making C++ modules possible + allowing to compile C++ immediately - this would permit to make new variation of syncProj, which would be coded in C++ fully, but this is somethingto consider later on, after C++ modules starts working in full scale on multiple compilers.

-- Have a nice day!     Tarmo.