[CMake] Bitcode and CMake

Cameron Palmer cameron at promon.no
Mon Mar 12 09:31:20 EDT 2018

I’m building frameworks for iOS/tvOS with bitcode at the command-line. In order to compile and link I need to add two things:

target_compile_options( library PUBLIC -fembed-bitcode )
target_link_libraries( library PUBLIC -fembed-bitcode )

This works, but yields the complaint that:

ld: warning: -headerpad_max_install_names is ignored when used with -bitcode_bundle (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE=YES)

Is there a cleaner way to do this, or do I need to hammer header pad_max_install_names in CMAKE_CXX_LINK_FLAGS?