[CMake] Cygwin drive paths are killing me

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 17:07:51 EDT 2014

On 14/06/2014 21:31, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2014-06-14 12:25-0400 David Cole wrote:
>
>> The difficulty of uninstalling it, and the difficulty of replicating a
>> cygwin environment that is on one machine *exactly* on another machine
>> with *all* the same components at *all* the same versions ... these are
>> but 2 of the reasons I will NEVER rely on cygwin again for anything.
>> It's just too painful, and there's absolutely NO upside.
>
> Hi Dave:
>
> Why are you holding back so much from giving us your real opinion of
> Cygwin?  :-)
>
> Seriously though, I wonder if some of your complaints have an answer.

About "difficulty of uninstalling" the answer is here:
https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all

short version:
- stop all cygwin programs
- stop all the cygwin services
- zap the cygwin directory

Of course someone like me find some upsides, like having a
large number of unix tools available on windows, otherwise
we will have no users nor any packagers.

> Alan

Marco

PS: cmake works fine on cygwin, so
     thanks Dave.