[CMake] Selecing make tool

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 22:35:59 EDT 2014

How do I tell cmake to use 'msbuild' instead of 'devenv' as the build tool?

Early in my scripts I used to do this bit....

# set REAL_CMAKE_PROGRAM to what's in registry for msbuild
set( CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM ${REAL_CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM} )

Do Not use devenv
   .... as a side effect for building, it logs in the registry as 'most
recently used' which destroys history; if I was editing project 1 and 5 of
20 projects then when opening visual studio it would be nice to be able to
reopen those to continue work in the IDE; but there's only a list of 10
items, so 1 and 5 are no longer in the list of most recently used files.
  ... was going to be an enumerated list but I forget other single points
about that because I havent' had to deal with it for a year
   ... I know you use devenv to support Fortran; but I'm not even sure
vs2012++ even understand fortran; but definatly I will never have fortran
code...

I would like to specify to use msbuild instead of devenv; and setting
cmake_make_program used to work.