[CMake] A little script for creating symlinks for CMake on a Mac.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 19:53:19 EDT 2014

Hi Robert

Tried it but it doesn't work. It failed with this message: "Failed create
symlink installation may be incomplete: /usr/local/bin/ccmake". The problem
is that I run as an ordinary user without admin privileges so sudo is
required. I have always had this issue with CMake on the Mac hence the
little script.

However opening the Applications folder in a terminal then doing:
sudo bash
CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake-gui

Then run from the CMake GUI:
 "Tools->Install For Command Line Use"

works OK.

Remember to exit from the GUI and then close the terminal.

Regards
   Andrew

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Robert Maynard <robert.maynard at kitware.com
> wrote:

> With CMake 3.0 we moved to a drag and drop installer, which you have
> noticed removed the prompt to install command line links.
>
> You can install the command line links by launching cmake-gui and
> running "Tools->Install For Command Line Use".
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Andrew Maclean
> <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This script needs sudo privileges so use at your own risk. Test before
> > using!
> >
> > If anybody needs it, here is a little script that creates symlinks in
> > /usr/local/bin for command line users of the CMake commands on an Apple
> Mac
> > platform.
> >
> > Andrew
> > --
> > Andrew J. P. Maclean

> > --
> >
> > Powered by www.kitware.com

> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
> >
> > Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more
> > information on each offering, please visit:
> >
> > CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
> > CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
> > CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Andrew J. P. Maclean