[CMake] Visual Studio and /STACK

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:36:49 EDT 2013

My experience mirrored Clint's.  Our version of CMake on the farm was at
2.8.12, but locally developers were at differing versions.  What made
matters worse is that it is a lot harder to diagnose problems from farm
built binaries, so it wasn't until one of the 4 developers looking into
this problem was able to get a local debug build were we able to figure out
it was a stack problem.  At that point, I happened to remember that CMake
modified the default stack size, and with a bit of investigation realized
the flag was missing on newer versions.  Basically I wasn't expecting CMake
versions to be a contributing factor, so it was one of the last things I
looked at.

James