[CMake] Visual Studio and /STACK

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 14:52:45 EDT 2013

> Hmmm... Well that was a not backward compatible way of doing it.
 This behavior has existed for a long long time.

Sorry for the extra effort you had to expend tracking down a mysterious
problem because of this change. I remember having some discussions
(probably just verbal, though, I can't find anything in email or bug
tracker) about whether this "simple change" should have a policy, and
we decided not to because we thought "out of stack space" errors would
be relatively easy to identify and correct in projects that require
large stack space.

Out of curiosity, if you can share details, why did it take so long to
identify the problem in your case? (Or was it immediately obvious, and
you just took that long to trace it back to a CMake change....?)

David C.