[CMake] struggling with CPack building RPMs

Martin Koller martin.koller at etm.at
Thu Dec 20 10:29:26 EST 2012

The docs for COMPONENT base cpack with RPM is not clear to me, therefore a principle question:

Is it possible to generate multiple rpm packages, each having its specific name, description, etc.
out of one project ?

I could not find a way to define e.g. the summary or description per component in a package.

E.g. I find CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_SUMMARY but I'm missing a
CPACK_RPM_<component>_PACKAGE_SUMMARY version of it.

It is unclear to me when and where to set the different cpack variables.
Is there somewhere a (real-world) multi rpm example ?

The trivial single package rpm descriptions are useless for this...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

This mail was not scanned before sending.
It was sent from a secure Linux desktop.