[CMake] Library locations returned by find_package() and find_library()

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Dec 6 11:13:34 EST 2012

Hi,

The CMake 2.8.10 manual includes the following statement in the paragraph
about link_directories() command:

"Library locations returned by find_package() and find_library() are
absolute paths."

Would it be possible to include similar clarification in the sections for
find_package() and find_library()?

A user of my library asked why
XXX_INCLUDE_DIR takes directory location, but
XXX_LIBRARIES takes absolute path to library file(s).

I've found it difficult to explain the rationale really.
I could not find any back up in the manual.

Best regards,