[CMake] Handle lib64 library on Linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:11:54 EDT 2011

2011/5/23 Sara Rolfe <smrolfe at u.washington.edu>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.  I changed the order, but am still getting the
> same error:
>
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libuuid.so', needed by
> `SubsampleVolume'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/SubsampleVolume.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> The location of libuuid on my machine is: /usr/lib64/libuuid.so

libuuid does not appear as a direct dependency of
your SubsampleVolume target,
you wrote:
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(SubsampleVolume
       ITKNumerics ITKIO ITKBasicFilters vtkRendering vtkIO vtkWidgets
        vtkHybrid)

So my guess is that this dependency is indirect and comes from either
ITK or VTK,
which seems confirmed by
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_Configuring_and_Building_for_Ubuntu_Linux#uuid_.28dependency.29

Did you manage to create a VTK application with CMake before?

May be you should ask on VTK mailing list
http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/mailing.html
about your link trouble.

PS: beware not to drop the mailling list address
--
Erk
http://www.april.org