[CMake] How do you go about building the cmake-gui from source in 2.8.4?

Dick Munroe munroe at csworks.com
Fri May 13 16:35:40 EDT 2011

Yeah, I figured that part out indirectly.

I had to install the QT4 SDK to get the necessary bits, but rcc.exe
(Windows XP, desktop component of QT) fails for no obvious reason.

Here is what I posted on the QT installation/deployment forum about the
problem:

I’m trying to rebuild CMake-gui. I’ve gotten to the point where I
downloaded and installed the QT4 SDK, configured CMake for VS 2005 and
fired up the build, which failed when trying to run rcc.exe. When I try
to run RCC.EXE directly from the command prompt, I get:

The system cannot execute the specified program.

When I try it from cygwin’s command prompt, I get:

Permission Denied

Firing up Dependency Walker, I get an error when opening rcc.exe:

The side-by-side configuration information for
“…desktop\qt\4.7.3\msvc2005\bin\RCC.EXE” contains errors. This
application has failed to start because the application configuration is
incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).

Which I tried with no joy.

There are a couple of delay loaded dlls that aren’t present, IESHIMS and
WER, but these appear to be more or less specific to Vista and don’t
apply to XP (which is what I’m running on).

So how do I get around this? Is this an SDK problem? or something really
obscure in Windoze? I’m not primarily a Windows person so I’m not 100%
on all the ins and outs here, but I would think that the RCC.EXE as
installed by the QT4 SDK installer should at least start on XP.

Any and all hints will be appreciated.

Best,

Dick Munroe

Any clues?