[CMake] Express Edition

Daniel Pfeifer daniel at pfeifer-mail.de
Wed May 11 04:59:42 EDT 2011

CMake does a check for the compiler. But not for the IDE.

If you are using the free compiler that is included in C++ Express,
then the CMAKE_USING_VC_FREE_TOOLS variable is set.

It is however possible to use the free compiler in the professional IDE
and vice versa. So using CMAKE_USING_VC_FREE_TOOLS is probably not
reliable in this case.

cheers, Daniel