[CMake] Library numeric extension?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:35:27 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Eric Sokolowsky <esok.osg at gmail.com> wrote:
> You didn't specify your development environment so I'm just guessing here.
> Under Linux, you usually have to install a development package in order to
> link to libraries. If you are compiling your own libgeotiff you might want
> to install the library before trying to link to it. You might also be
> linking to a library that links to the libgeotiff in question.
>
> Eric

Yes it is Linux. Michael Wild was kind enough to help me through a few
problems off list, but the original problem was that -L only specifies
the library path to use at compile time. That is, this path is not
saved in the executable, so when the executable is run, it doesn't
know where to find the libraries (if they aren't on LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
The fix was either to add them to LD_LIBRARY_PATH or to embed the
paths into the executable via RPATH.

David