[CMake] unexpected INSTALL problems

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 15 09:12:20 EDT 2011

> On my system, FindBoost detects the *.so without the version numbers. So, I
> can update to a new (hopefully binary compatible) version without relinking.

That would be ideal, unfortunately for me (Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit cmake
2.8.4) my stuff gets linked to the full name, not the symbolic link.
If there is a way to prevent it in cmake I am all ears.

> And we provide packages depending on boost by setting the package dependency
> using cpack.

We need to deliver a self contained folder where all but absolutely
low level system libraries are present.

Regards,
Dominik