[CMake] submit after partial buildup

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jun 8 15:34:40 EDT 2011

On Wednesday 08 June 2011, Ilias Miroslav wrote:
> Dear CMake developers,
>
> for our oproject we are utilizing the 'make Exerimental' and 'make Nigthly'
> commands to make the all (update)/configure/build/test  and sending report
> steps.
>
> One can see that on our CDash-board, like
> https://repo.ctcc.no/CDash/index.php?project=DIRAC&date=2011-06-07
>
> However,  we would need to perform only the  ('Update',) 'Configure' and
> 'Build' steps, without the  'Test', since for one platform (Windows) we
> don't have 'make test' running properly.
>
> I tried it with commands 'make' and 'make ExperimentalSubmit', but I don't
> see report of the dashboard.
>
> I got only message of 'Submission successful' without results on the
> web-board:
>
> .make ExperimentalSubmit
>    Site: pd
>    Build name: pd_uniza.linux.openmpi_gfortran_gcc_atlas.ilp64.opt
> Submit files (using http)
>    Using HTTP submit method
>    Drop site:http://repo.ctcc.no/CDash/submit.php?project=DIRAC
>    Submission successful
> Built target ExperimentalSubmit
>
> Any help please how to report each partial buildup step on the dashboard ?

Don't use the targets provided for Nightly, they only kind-of somewhat work.

Instead, write a ctest script which drives the testing, then you have full
control.
Examples you can find e.g. here:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/quality/nightly-
support/KDE/KDELibsNightly.cmake?revision=HEAD
which needs the file KDECTestNightly.cmake located in the parent directory:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/quality/nightly-support/
(this file has no KDE dependencies, it only has the "KDE" prefix to show that
this does not come with standard cmake).

Alex