[CMake] CPack general question and example

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 08:18:08 EST 2010

Great, it's working.  The only thing that was required was:

SET(CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_MAINTAINER "David Doria")

Here is the working example:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/CPack/Examples/Linux/DEB

The page you sent
(http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#DEB_.28UNIX_only.29)
has a lot of variables marked "mandatory", but they all seem to have
reasonable defaults except the MAINTAINER. Could this terminology be
modified?

Also, (I think) there are some typos that I don't feel confident
correcting myself:

if CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_VERSION is not set CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION
->
If CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_VERSION is not set, it will default to
CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION

if CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_NAME is not set, CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME (lower
case) will be used

I strongly suggest that we create
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/CPack/Examples/Linux/RPM
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/CPack/Examples/Linux/TAR
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/CPack/Examples/Windows/EXE (or
whatever it is called)
etc.

so that it is very clear (one can copy/paste a solution) how to do this.

Thanks for the help!

David