[CMake] CPack general question and example

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Tue Nov 16 02:15:46 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 05:57:04PM -0500, cmake-request at cmake.org wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:37:05 -0500
> From: David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com>
> Subject: [CMake] CPack general question and example
> To: cmake at cmake.org
>
> I just heard about CPack and started playing with it. I tried to make
> an RPM of a simple VTK program:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/CPackExample
>
> When I run 'make package', I get an error:
>
> CPack Error: Problem copying the package:
> /home/doriad/CPackTest/bin/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/DistanceBetweenPoints-0.1.1-Linux.rpm
> to /home/doriad/CPackTest/bin/DistanceBetweenPoints-0.1.1-Linux.rpm
> CPack Error: Error when generating package: DistanceBetweenPoints
> make: *** [package] Error 1

Yup, IIRC you forgot to set some CPack RPM path-/file-related variable,
causing the base path to be incorrect, but I currently don't remember which one.
This is a rather stupid indirect error case with a very confusing error
result and thus should be improved properly in CPack if possible.

I can send you my (satisfyingly working) CPack RPM setup off-list if wanted.

Andreas Mohr