[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 13:30:46 EST 2010

Thanks to all of you who have participated in this thread so far...

You have helped to create the initial roadmap for CMake 2.8.4:
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/roadmap_page.php

The roadmap currently lists 31 issues as "targeted" for CMake 2.8.4.
What that means is: these are the 31 issues currently open for
discussion for *possibly* fixing in CMake 2.8.4. It does not
necessarily mean that a bug listed there will definitely be fixed for
the release. It means we'll have discussions, try some fixes, and get
the ones that work in for the release.

If we make a decision not to fix a bug, I'll either close it out as
"fixed in 2.8.4" with an appropriate non-fix resolution, or leave it
open for a future release and simply unset the "target release" field.

If there are still others to consider for the 2.8.4 release, please
reply here with just the bug numbers. Please do not hijack this thread
to talk about specifics. Bug numbers only please. I really appreciate
the vast majority here who have simply listed the issues of
interest...

If I have ignored one of your non-bug-issue points from a reply to
this thread, it's because it was not a bug number. If you still have
an issue, open a bug and reply here with its number or start a new
thread!!

Thank you,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.