[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 10:06:08 EDT 2010

On 05.11.10 09:36:39, Michael Jackson wrote:
> I have an idea for a feature that might help resolve some of the
> "Find***" issues. I would like to see CMake implement some sort of
> "Software Update" mechanism where you could tell CMake to check a
> central server for any updated FindXXX.cmake files and then download
> them into the cmake installation directory. This would alleviate some
> issues (cough ** FindBoost.cmake *** cough) where a critical fix gets
> implemented but a user has to either compile from HEAD or wait for the
> *next* release, which might be 3 months away. I would venture to guess
> that most of the tweaks to the FindXXX.cmake files are CMake Major
> version independent. This would be a nice way to push out small updates
> that don't actually require a full recompile or newer version of CMake to
> be installed.

But it'll only work on Windows and/or MacOSX. On Linux the average user
won't have write access to the location of the modules. So in addition
cmake will have to implement a way to also look into the users home-folder
or something like that.

Andreas

--
People are beginning to notice you.  Try dressing before you leave the house.