[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Nov 5 09:36:39 EDT 2010

I have an idea for a feature that might help resolve some of the
"Find***" issues. I would like to see CMake implement some sort of
"Software Update" mechanism where you could tell CMake to check a
central server for any updated FindXXX.cmake files and then download
them into the cmake installation directory. This would alleviate some
issues (cough ** FindBoost.cmake *** cough) where a critical fix gets
implemented but a user has to either compile from HEAD or wait for the
*next* release, which might be 3 months away. I would venture to guess
that most of the tweaks to the FindXXX.cmake files are CMake Major
version independent. This would be a nice way to push out small
updates that don't actually require a full recompile or newer version
of CMake to be installed.
    Just my thoughts for this friday morning.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio