[CMake] How set "Build Name" in CTest/CDash?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jun 21 09:22:13 EDT 2010

The old-fashioned way of doing this is to set a BUILDNAME variable in the
cmake cache...

In your CMakeLists.txt:
set(BUILDNAME "myBuildName" CACHE STRING "build name variable for CDash")

The new-fashioned way is to set CTEST_BUILD_NAME in your ctest -S script
prior to ctest_configure, ctest_build and ctest_submit...
set(CTEST_BUILD_NAME "myBuildName")

Where were you reading the ctest manpage that talks about setting
CMAKE_SYSTEM and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER variables?? What version of ctest? That
is completely incorrect, and if it's in the official ctest documentation, we
should fix that and remove the incorrect information. Can you please reply
and tell me how you found this incorrect information...?

HTH,
David