[CMake] How set "Build Name" in CTest/CDash?

Convey, Christian J CIV NUWC NWPT christian.convey at navy.mil
Mon Jun 21 07:29:08 EDT 2010

I'm using CTest to submit results to CDash.  Can anyone tell me how to specify the text that shows up in CDash's "Build Name" column?

The manpage for "ctest" says that I can set the CMAKS_SYSTEM and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER variables, but I'm concerned that doing so may mess up my build.

I have a Linux command-line command that yields the text I want to have show up in CDash.  I just don't know how to safely get it there.