[CMake] Use of CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION with "Unix Makefiles" generator

Michele Caramello mcaramello at invensense.com
Tue Jun 1 14:36:28 EDT 2010

I am trying to use CMake also to generate project files that can be
use plainly be used by people not having CMake installed on their
machines.
To achieve that, I though the best path would be to remove the
auto-regeneration hooks that allow the regeneration of project files
when any of the CMakeLists file changes.

I successfully used CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION (by setting it to 1)
to have Visual Studio 2005 project files being generated without said
auto-regeneration feature.

The same trick did not work on Unix with Makefiles.
Did I do something wrong in the process?  Does it work differently
from generator to generator?  Is there another way to achieve that?

Thanks in advance.

Bests,
Michele