[CMake] What's the best way to support additional compilers for an "official" CMake language such as Fortran

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 26 09:36:54 EST 2010

Arjen Markus wrote:
> this did not work! I checked out PLplot a-fresh, checked that there
> are NO CMakeCache.txt files anywhere in the source tree, used a
> fresh DOS-box to start the batch file in a directory separate from
> the source directory and tried again.
>
> The result: a CMakeFiles subdirectory in the source tree, CMakeCache.txt
> in there too etc.
>
> I tried it twice to make sure I made no mistake.
>
> I installed CMake 2.8 today on this laptop, to make sure I had an
> up-to-date version.
>
> Any ideas what on earth is causing this?
[snip]
> "c:\program files\cmake 2.8\bin\cmake" ..\plplot\CMakeLists.txt -G "NMake Make files"

Don't specify the CMakeLists.txt file; just put the directory.  Also,
there is no space in the "Makefiles" part of the NMake generator name:

  "c:\program files\cmake 2.8\bin\cmake" ..\plplot -G "NMake Makefiles"

If specifying the CMakeLists.txt file causes this problem, that is
a separate bug to report.