[CMake] Where are object files located, and how do I change the default extension?

Carlson Daniel daniel.c.carlson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 04:42:23 EDT 2009

I have now created a toolchain file which looks like this
(c:\temp\cmake\TC_diab.cmake):

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "c:/temp/cmake/Modules" ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH})
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Generic)
set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER "C:/DIAB/5.6.0.0/WIN32/bin/dcc.exe")
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR "MPC5566")

The compiler demands a target processor so to be able to perform the
"compiler test" during the compiler identification I had to add a platform
file (c:\temp\cmake\Modules\Platform\generic-dcc-MPC5566.cmake):

set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_INIT "-tPPCE200Z6NEG")

Now, when I run Cmake on this very simple CmakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.0)
project(Foo C)

I get the following error:

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/DIAB/5.6.0.0/WIN32/bin/dcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/DIAB/5.6.0.0/WIN32/bin/dcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Configuring done
You have changed variables that require your cache to be deleted.
Configure will be re-run and you may have to reset some variables.
The following variables have changed:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER= C:/Scania/ProgramsForBuild/MinGW/5.1.4/bin/gcc.exe

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/5.1.4/bin/gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/5.1.4/bin/gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: Z:/ssscde-vsd-ne-sw/eec3/02/output/make

What have I done wrong? What variable have I changed?

Regards,
Daniel Carlson