[CMake] RUN_TESTS project & dependencies

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Fri Mar 20 08:02:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently using Visual Studio 2008 and CMake v2.6.3. I noticed that
> when I create unit tests, they are not added as dependencies in the solution
> containing all of the unit test projects + the RUN_TESTS project. For
> example, when I change one of the source files in a particular unit test
> project, running RUN_TESTS will still run the old tests and not force them
> to rebuild. If RUN_TESTS had a dependency on all unit tests in the solution
> this problem would be solved. Is there a way to set this up? If not, why is
> this behavior not supported?

This would be a nice thing to have.  I had someone complain at work the
other day that they had to run "make" before "make test" as well.  Seems
like CMake should add the dependency to the test target as add_test() is
being called.

Have you filed a feature request yet for this?  Is there already one?

--
Philip Lowman