[CMake] Parallel builds and Eclipse CDT4 generator

hl.ichaus hl.ichaus at arcor.de
Fri Mar 13 06:04:44 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 12. März 2009 09:37:12 wrote Adolfo Rodríguez:
> We currently use three of CMake's generators: "Unix Makefiles",
> "KDevelop3", and "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles", and we're interested in
> doing parallel builds.

I use the environment variable MAKEFLAGS

before starting eclipse, i do a
export MAKEFLAGS="-j15 --no-print-directory"

(I use icecream to do parallel build - instead of 5-10 minutes to do a full
build, it takes me <1 Minute *smile*).

i guess it should also work to set the environment variable in "Make
Preferences".

By theway, i also use the environment variable "VERBOSE=1", because eclipse
parses the command line of the compiler - right? (not sure about this).

j. holzer