[CMake] Testing multiple build types from MSVC

Ingo Albrecht ingo.albrecht at artcom.de
Wed Feb 18 09:09:23 EST 2009

Hi everyone

We (http://y60.artcom.de/) have the following problem:

We would like to run our tests in MSVC with multiple build types,
meaning that the RUN_TESTS target should run the tests for the
build type currently selected in the IDE.

However, we obviously need to provide a separate executable path
for the test in each build type because our test executables are
in different locations according to their build type.

There seems to be no way for doing this. Right now, I let ctest
run the Release version of our tests, disregarding the selected
build type.

Just giving CTest the target name (instead of a full path) does
not work either because CTest seems to treat its first argument
as a command without expanding a possible target reference.

Can anyone offer some advice or a pointer on this?

Greetings
 Ingo