[CMake] Choose Python version on OS X

Robert Haines rhaines at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Feb 15 14:15:06 EST 2009

On 11 Feb 2009, at 17:57, Enrico Franchi wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2009, at 1:14 PM, Robert Haines wrote:
>
>> I've had a quick look at FindPythonInterp and FindPythonLibs and
>> they are inconsistent!
>>
>> If you add a line to print PYTHON_EXECUTABLE you will see that it
>> finds /opt/local/bin/python2.6 but still gets the framework wrong...
>>
>> I've tried adding /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/${fwk}.framework to
>> CMakeFindFrameworks but it still doesn't work.
>>
>> I think FindPythonLibs needs to look at the version of python it
>> finds in the path, then match the correct framework path to that,
>> but it isn't doing that right now.
>>
>> Maybe file a bug? Do you want to or shall I?
>
> Well, if you don't mind I'd prefer you file it. Still I think that
> probably it's the very same bug you pointed out in the other answer.

I'm going to monitor the bug that's already there rather than submit a
duplicate. However, as is mentioned in the notes to the bug the
FindPython*.cmake scripts need a maintainer which maybe why this
hasn't been fixed. I'd happy to volunteer, but I have no knowledge of
Python on Windows so I'm probably not the best person. If I have time
over the next couple of weeks I'll look at this and maybe be in a
better position to volunteer then!

> I have still to find out which of the proposed scripts is better.

I'd be interested in your feedback if you look at them. I don't have a
situation at the moment where I need a certain version of python for
my code which is why this issue totaly past me by so far!

Cheers,
Rob