[CMake] Fwd: MSVC7.1 static link question

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Feb 11 01:12:16 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:15 AM, ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If our library which we want to link is not in the curre tn project and
>> we linkan executable to it through target_link_libraries by giving it entire
>> path like /another/project/lib, will it not work properly.

It should work properly.  You should use the find_library() command to
locate the library, however, unless you can guarantee all users will have it
in exactly the same place and will never want to change the path to the
library.

> is it compulsory to use import and export targets for it.

No. They offer added flexibility if you need it, however.

--
Philip Lowman