[CMake] Updated WinCE CMakefiles

Clemens Arth clemens.arth at gmx.at
Tue Sep 23 02:29:19 EDT 2008

Hi again
> Or we let the user set n-different toolchain files each identifying an
> individual
> SDK (or maybe no toolchain files, just SDKs), and execute the  CMakelists
> multiple times using separate CMakeCaches.

that was definitely a good idea. Now I've predefined the names of
several different SDKs and simply copy the cache file into the build
directory before configuring and creating the projects. I modified my
version of the WindowsMobile generator to parse the cache variable and
select only those SDKs specified. If you already had a look into the
cmGlobalVisualStudio8_WindowsMobile_Generator.cxx file, lines 235-265
are used to circumvent many settings that might go into a separate
toolchain file. For example, CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION might change from 5.1
for WM5 to 5.2 for WM6 and 5.3 for upcoming WM7.

How would you change the way this currently hardcoded information should
be passed in a more flexible way in the future? I would suggest that the
CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME is also passed as an additional variable using the
cache file, maybe with allowed values of WM5,WM6,WINCE5,WINCE6 a.s.o.
Setting CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME to any of these values should then cause cmake
to use a toolchain file with the same name, containing all this information.

regards,
Clemens