[CMake] FindFreetype wrong?

klaas.holwerda ngi at klaasholwerda.nl
Wed Sep 17 11:34:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I want to use FIND_PACKAGE( FREETYPE ) on windows. But it looks like it
does not work.
If i change in FindFreetype.cmake:

FIND_PATH(FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build ft2build.h
  $ENV{FREETYPE_DIR}
  NO_DEFAULT_PATH
  PATH_SUFFIXES include
)

to this:

FIND_PATH(FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build ft2build.h
  $ENV{FREETYPE_DIR}/include
  NO_DEFAULT_PATH
)

It starts working. I tried setting FREETYPE_DIR environment variable
with and without a "/" at the end, but that is not solving it.
Even setting this:

FIND_PATH(FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build ft2build.h
  c:/soft/freetype/GnuWin32
  NO_DEFAULT_PATH
  PATH_SUFFIXES include
)

does not work, so i think it is something within Cmake itself. Maybe
something with window paths??
This is with Visual studio 8 + Cmake 2.6 patch 0

Klaas