[CMake] Small, realistic Cpack example

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 16 12:05:36 EDT 2008

On 9/16/08 9:41 AM, "Boudewijn Rempt" <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Shead, Timothy wrote:
>
>> On 9/16/08 8:26 AM, "Boudewijn Rempt" <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
>> \
>>> Ah... Well, we're struggling with that ourselves at the moment, and looking
>>> in vain some good examples. Right now, we're using CPack for Linux and
>>> Windows,
>>> and have stopped using CPack for OS X -- where I am right now writing a
>>> shell
>>> script to fill out the .app bundle and create a dmg out of it, following E.
>>> Wing's
>>> advice last weekend.
>>
>> Use the OSX bundle generator, which was introduced in Cmake 2.6:
>>
>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/User:Tshead/OSX_CPack_Bundle_Generator
>>

> I remember I tried that last week -- but it crashed immediately. And it wasn't
> clear whether it was actualy already part of 2.6, and whether it would
> generate a
> dmg of the bundle, too. Does it? And how can one set a background image and a
> couple
> of extra files in the dmg, if so?

Thanks for pointing this out - it is part of 2.6, and I needed to move the
description into the appropriate location, which is done now:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#Bundle_.28OSX_only.29

The generator does create compressed disk images.  One known issue that may
be affecting you is a problem assigning custom icons if your build tree
paths are "too long" ... See

For a description and patch.  If that doesn't fix things could you file a
bug?

There isn't any support at-the-moment to set a background image or extra
files.  Automating the background image looks a little tricky to me, if you
are doing it in your script could you post an example?

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead
Scalable Analytics & Visualization (1424)