[CMake] Clearing all cmake files

Robert Kubrick robertkubrick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 10:42:04 EDT 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 10:36 AM, Mike Jackson wrote:

> If you used an out of source build then you can simply delete the
> build directory. If you did NOT use an out-of-source build then you
> are going to have to hand pick through your source directories to
> find everything that does not belong.
>
> With that said CMakeCache.txt is the first obvious choice for
> deletion. Next comes CMakeFiles and CMakeTemp. Not sure about
> anything else.
>
> Also, CMakeLists.txt is the _project_ file. Deleting this file is
> the same as deleting the .sln on windows, the xcode project file on
> OS X or the main Makefile on Linux/Unix. Are you sure you really
> want to remove CMakeLists.txt file?

No you're right, the CMakeLists.txt is the only file I need to keep.
In facts I store that under source control.

I think it would be useful to have a command to clobber the whole
cmake hierarchy for when you need to prepare a distribution, change
the compiler settings or clear some conflicts in the build tree. It
does happen, especially during the project initial setup.