[CMake] CMake 2.6.3 RC 1

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Oct 29 14:06:49 EDT 2008

I know it seems like just yesterday that I released 2.6.2, but I am
starting on 2.6.3.  I have a release candidate (RC 1) ready for trial
that can be found here:

http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/?C=M;O=D

Please give it a try on your project.

Here are the changes since 2.6.2:

Changes in CMake 2.6.3 RC 1
- Better reporting when nmake compiler environment is not correct
- Fix bug #5936 set locale when running cvs and svn
- Teach find_library to find OpenBSD-style libs (issue #3470).
- Fix lib/ to lib/64/ search path conversion
- Fix CPack DESTDIR issue
- Support longer command lines with windows nmake and make
- Fix bug with color check for dependency scanning
- Use new link info during dependency scanning
- Fix find_* search order with path suffixes
- Fix install with multiple configurations and makefiles.
- Improve find_package interface for recursive find modules.
- Fix build issues with older visual studio versions
- Fix Xcode release builds
- Put custom target sources in Xcode projects
- Fix return value from cmake -E time commands
- Fix documentation for cmake --debug-trycompile
- Add Haiku support
- Fix bug, allow enable_language to be called for C after CXX
- Add FindCoin3D.cmake
- Fix bug in FindGLUT.cmake
- Better find of perl in FindPerlLibs.cmake
- FindQt4 Fix #7784, Fix #7433
- FindQt4 refind qt when qmake changes
- Fix to find wxWidgets_LIB_DIR for windows platform more generally.
- Find ttkstup in FindTclStub.cmake
- Skip a command if its arguments fail to parse
- Fix convenience rule working directory
- Add support for source code control and visual stuido
- Add parenthetical expressions to if
- Fix Rc command with -D options and nmake
- Fix NSIS detection on windows 2000
- Display an error message in ccmake when there are errors

Thanks.

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman