[CMake] cannot generate safe linker path warning

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Oct 9 08:37:36 EDT 2008

On OS X I am getting an endless stream of warnings like this:

CMake Warning at /Users/boudewijn/src/kde/ins/share/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake:570 (add_library):
  Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target kodocinfopropspage
  because files in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit
  directories:

    link library [libz.dylib] in /usr/lib may be hidden by files in:
      /opt/local/lib
    link library [libbz2.dylib] in /usr/lib may be hidden by files in:
      /opt/local/lib

  Some of these libraries may not be found correctly.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  libs/main/CMakeLists.txt:108 (kde4_add_plugin)

It's true that I have both libraries, of course, but the warnings are still
annoying. Is there anything I can do to suppress them? And -- am I right
when I think that this warning is somehow related to cmake thinking it needs
to rerun even when no CmakeLists.txt file has changed? I'm using CMake from
cvs.

Boudewijn