[CMake] Can't run units test defined in subdirectories

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Fri Nov 28 11:30:58 EST 2008

When I run ctest using the -VV option I get this output like this:

UpdateCTestConfiguration  from
:/Users/tron/Projects/TBD/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
Start processing tests
UpdateCTestConfiguration  from
:/Projects/MyProject/build/DartConfiguration.tcl
Test project /Projects/MyProject/build
Constructing a list of tests
Done constructing a list of tests
Changing directory into /Projects/MyProject/TestLibrary
  1/  1 Testing TestLibrary
Test command: /Projects/MyProject/build/Debug/TestLibrary
Test timeout computed to be: 9.99988e+06
Running 30 tests
In AngularUnitsTests::testDegreesToRadians:
/Projects/MyProject/TestLibrary/Tests/AngularUnitsTests.h:13: Error:
Test failed: Intential failure
/Projects/MyProject/TestLibrary/Tests/AngularUnitsTests.h:40: Error:
Test failed: Intential failure
Failed 1 of 30 tests
Success rate: 96%
-- Process completed
***Failed

0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1

The following tests FAILED:
      1 - TestLibrary (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

I had intentionally added a failure into my test application to make
sure the test process would report errors when the tests fail.  This
output make it much more clear what happened when the test was run, that
the original output.  How can I configure the project so output like
this will occur rather than the default output?