[CMake] Building files with custom target

Pablo Yanez Trujillo shaoran at sakuranohana.org
Fri Nov 28 08:55:10 EST 2008

Hi

> Is that more what you were looking for?

not excactly

> If you want to build the tcp_server sample only then "make tcp_server".

I know that. The problem is that when you use add_executable then the target is automatically a dependency of the 'all'
target. I mean:

# CMakeLists.txt
add_executable(someexec ${SOMEEXEC_SRC})
target_link_libraries(seomeexec dep1 dep2 dep3 ...)
# EOF

If you type:

$ make

then the all target is executed and make builds 'someexec' and its dependencies. I want 'someexec' not to be a
dependency of the 'all' target so if I type

$ make

then the someexec target won't be built. Only when I type

$ make someexec

the 'someexec' target should be built.

What I need is something like a ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET but where the build-proc. and dependencies tracking is still done by
cmake. I hope I've explained clearly what I'm looking for ;)

Thanks
Pablo

Michael Jackson wrote:

> Ok. Say  your main target is FooServer, then you can do "make FooServer"
> and only FooServer" will be built (plus anything that FooServer Depends
> on).
>
> If you want to build the tcp_server sample only then "make tcp_server".
>
> Is that more what you were looking for?
>

> Mike

- --
- --