[CMake] dependency of dependency

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:53:58 EST 2008

Hi there,

  I remember there is now a new behavior in cmake where you can
specify not to pull a dependency of dependency. For instance my
project is linking to vtk which itself is linking to libtiff. If I do
not have libtiff.so (the symlink), I get error.

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libtiff.so', needed by
`bin/libvtkgdcm.so.2.0.9'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/gdcm-2.0.9/debian/build-python2.4'

  From gdcm I am not explicitely linking to libtiff, simlpy to
libvtkIO. How can I avoid this behavior (all my libs are shared libs)
?

Thank you
--
Mathieu